Your library’s OverDrive-powered website has been set live with the link for Front Line Tech Support and is now available on the Help and Support pages.
What does Front Line Tech Support include?
• Access to the OverDrive Front Line Tech Support team 24x7x365 via web form and email.
• Response time via email expected within 8 business hours of receipt, or within 24 hours if received outside of business hours (8:30 am – 5:30 pm ET Monday-Friday, excluding major holidays).
• Professionally trained specialists provide support for OverDrive technology-related issues only.
• Self-service support is also available to users 24x7x365 through extensive and user-friendly FAQ and other written help that is accessible through the library’s OverDrive-powered website.
What is NOT included with Front Line Tech Support?
• Phone support.
• The library is responsible for all non-OverDrive technology-related support questions, including, but not limited to, library-specific questions (e.g., hours, fines, library card issues, collection suggestions) or questions about general computer use.
OverDrive is a free service offered by your public library that lets you borrow eBooks, audiobooks, videos and more from their digital collections.
All you need to get started with free digital titles from Overdrive is an internet connection and a library card.
Explore the OverDrive Catalogue and check it out HERE for Ontario Library Service Download Centre OverDrive for a full-service digital distributor of eBooks, audiobooks, and other digital content. At downloadcentre.library.on.ca Sign In and choose the Bonfield Public Library from the dropdown menu insert your Library Card Number. For help on getting started click here Please be adviced Amazon Kindle currently does not work with OverDrive, with the exception of the Kindle Fire. Please refer to Overdrive/Android Tablet instructions for information on how to get OverDrive Media Console on your Kindle Fire.
Access codes to Overdrive downloadable changed
You used to need a 5-digit prefix and your patron ID number to access this service, but as of August 18 2016, you will need to use your new 14-digit patron ID number starting with 223960000. If you do not have one, come in and get it. If you have lost or forgotten your 14-digit number, contact us. If you allow your computer to remember your password, you’ll only have to put the number in once.
If you are a first-time user, go to the OverDrive help page for eBook and audiobooks basics, information on device compatibility and step by step instructions on how to get set up for downloading.
There’s an app for that! Just search for “OverDrive” in your apps store – it’s free.
If you’re having issues with downloads to your Kobo, Sony Reader, or Apple Device, Click Here for access to resources from the Toronto Public Library.
Project Gutenberg offers over 59,000 free eBooks. Choose among free epub and Kindle eBooks, download them or read them online. You will find the world’s great literature here, with focus on older works for which U.S. copyright has expired. Thousands of volunteers digitized and diligently proofread the eBooks, for enjoyment and education.