Friends of the Bonfield Public Library Strike again!!!
An assortment of Graphic Novels will rotate among participating Libraries. Check out our New Arrivals for new titles.
Thank you to the Friends of the Library for their support in bringing these new materials into our library.
How to Put a Book on Hold
Parry Sound Public Library staff have done an amazing job putting together a short Youtube Video on How to Put a Book on Hold through our online Catalogue. Click on the 1/4 in the top right of the screen and select Bonfield Public Library.
Our website suffered a setback recently and has had to be rebuilt. Some of the Information on the current website it NOT up to date. If you have any questions about the content please contact us at email@example.com or (705)776-2396 during Library hours.
Curbside Pick-up available beginning
- Each household will be allowed 10 books, 5 children’s books and 3 DVD’s
- Each household may only place 1 order a week
- All patrons are asked to follow standard social distancing rules (6 feet apart) and not loiter in the parking lot
- All returned items are to be placed in our Drop box located outside out front door
- Library hours will be:
MONDAY 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
TUESDAY 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
WEDNESDAY 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
THURSDAY 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
How it will work:
- Choose your books or DVDs. Provide us with the author and title. Or allow staff to choose by providing us with your preferred genre or authors.
- Three options for placing an order:
Place your order on-line through our Catalogue at https://olsn.ent.sirsidynix.net/client/bonfield
All you need is your library card number (14 digits) and the last 4 digits of your phone number.
Call in your order at (705)776-2396 during library hours.
Be prepared to provide us with your selections.
Monday 10:00 – 1:00
Tuesday 4:00 – 7:00
Wednesday 4:00 – 7:00
Thursday 4:00 – 7:00
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide us with your full name, telephone number and your requested materials.
- Wait for a staff member to CALL you to arrange a pick-up time.
- Come to the library at your pre-arranged time to pick-up your order just outside our door.
This is a new venture for all of us and we ask that you be patient with us. Staff will work hard to get you the materials you have ordered in a timely and safe manner. These procedures are subject to change at any time; updates will be provided through our Facebook page or posted on our front door.
The Bonfield Public Library has been closely monitoring developments and information about the coronavirus (COVID-19). Out of care and concern for our staff, our patrons and the public, we will be closing the Bonfield Public Library Monday March 16, 2020 until further notice.
We want to assure you that we have not taken this decision lightly. We know how many of you rely on us, and the impact that these closures will have. But ensuring the health and well-being of our communities and the safety of our patrons and staff is – and always must be – our top priority.
During this temporary closure, we are taking several steps to support you as much as possible:
- If you have books currently on loan, you may hold onto them or return them to our drop box located just outside the Library door. If you receive email notification regarding late items, please disregard them at this time.
- If you have holds, they will be waiting for you when we reopen.
- All of our online resources will still be available, 24/7 and can be accessed remotely using your library card. Visit http://bonfield.olsn.ca to download eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines
- Interlibrary Loans will be on hold until further notice. If you have an Interlibrary loan book from another library please return it to our drop box but no new materials will be brought in.
- Access to Wi-Fi will is still available in the parking lot. The network name and password is posted on our door.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please send us an email at email@example.com and we will help you as soon as possible.
As you know, this is a constantly evolving situation. We will continue to monitor the situation keep you informed of any changes to services. We encourage you to stay informed about COVID-19 by referring to credible sources of information, such as https://www.myhealthunit.ca/en/index.asp
Thank you for your support, understanding and patience during this difficult time.